If you want custom kitchen cabinets that stay long with you. Then you must follow this guide. The kitchen remodeling process pays very much attention to the kitchen cabinets. Because the modern kitchen is incomplete without the cabinetry. That enhances the aesthetics of the overall kitchen. Most of the homeowners have seen complaints after installing the kitchen cabinets. They complain about; crooked doors, sagging, deteriorating drawers, dented cabinets, loose hinges, wrapping boxes, and others.
So, how to manage these issues and get rid of the pain of maintenance that will attack your savings every year? Make sure to study it deeply till the end to get an insight into how to get custom kitchen cabinets with 100% durability, sustainability, and endurance. What are The things that make the cabinetry next-level efficient are described below.
1 – All-Plywood Construction
The material of most of the cabinet is Plywood and Particleboard. The use of plywood material in constructing the full sides of the cabinets ensures long-lasting durability.
The benefit of having this material is it stands high in managing and handling the big countertops’ weights. Additionally, it will stand still against any wear and tear like damage or moisture.
On the other hand, particleboard is quite a cost-effective than other materials. Thusly, it makes out the best alternative. It is strong in handling any damage and crushing. Additionally, it is difficult to repair blow-outs and screws, and joints.
- All-plywood construction (APC) is a better choice than particleboard due to its unique construction and properties.
- The process of creating plywood involves layering wood in both lengthwise and crosswise directions, resulting in a stronger and more stable material that can hold screws, fasteners, and glue with greater power.
- APC plywood has a higher tolerance for moisture than particleboard, making it an ideal choice for use in areas with sinks, faucets, and other sources of running water.
- Plywood can bear weight over long periods without sagging or bowing, making it an excellent choice for shelving, cabinets, and other weight-bearing applications.
- Plywood is more resilient to damage such as blow-outs, dings, and dents, which means it will last longer and require fewer repairs over time.
- Overall, APC plywood’s unique construction and properties make it a superior choice for furniture, cabinetry, and other construction projects that require strength, stability, and durability.
2 – Full-Height Back Panels
The full-height back panels aiding in the long-term durability of the kitchen cabinets. That also helps in the ease during installation.
- Cabinet construction is a critical consideration when designing or renovating a kitchen. And it’s important to choose a method that is both durable and affordable.
- Solid, full-height plywood is the most durable cabinet construction method. As it uses a heavy (3/8-inch or more) panel that extends from top to bottom and side to side. Providing maximum stability and strength.
- This type of construction allows the cabinet to be attached directly to the studs of the wall at any point on the back panel. Eliminating the need for hanging rails and making installation easier.
- The solid plywood panel is also more resistant to damage from everyday wear and tear. Making it a wise investment in the long run.
- In contrast, less expensive methods of cabinet construction may use thin panels or particleboard. Which are more prone to damage and may require additional reinforcement. If cuts need to be made to accommodate wiring or plumbing.
- Choosing solid, full-height plywood for cabinet construction not only ensures durability. But also adds a touch of natural warmth to your kitchen, creating a welcoming and inviting space.
- Additionally, investing in quality materials and construction methods. Shows that you value your home and the people who live in it. Making it a worthwhile investment in your family’s future.
Hinges are the most crucial element of kitchen cabinets. That makes them a strong grip for opening and closing the doors. If the hinges are loosened. Then the whole design of the cabinet will drop off.
- A quality cabinet hinge has a soft close mechanism built into the hinges. Which is made of nickel-plated, hardened steel for durability.
- The hinge should be adjustable in six ways. Including in-out, up-down, and left-right. So that it can be adjusted during seasonal changes when cabinet doors may expand and contract.
- Elements KBF is a cabinet manufacturer that uses either Blum hinges or Salice hinges. Both Blum and Salice offer six-way adjustable hinge door hinges in standard full-overlay and inset concealed styles.
- Both Blum and Salice hinges have been tested and meet or exceed the American National Standard Institute’s requirements for durability and functionality.
- It’s important to be cautious of cabinet manufacturers that use low-end hinges that only provide four-way adjustability or don’t back their product with a lifetime warranty.
- Investing in high-quality, six-way adjustable hinges not only ensures that your cabinets will function properly for years to come. But also adds a touch of luxury and convenience to your kitchen.
- By working with Elements KBF and choosing quality materials, you are investing in your home and your family’s comfort and happiness.
- Overall, when it comes to cabinet hinges, choosing soft-close, steel, 6-way adjustable hinges is the best choice for durability, functionality, and long-term value.
Undermount, Soft-Close Drawer Glides
The drawer glides/slides are responsible for performing the soft and smooth movement. Like, if it carries a lot of weight. As a result, the glides enhance its performance of smoothly and softly moving it. Weak glides couldn’t stand with heavy weight load and it gets loosened up soon.
- Undermount, steel, soft-close drawer glides provide full access to the entire drawer and are smooth and almost silent in operation.
- These glides should be rated to support at least 90 pounds. Ensuring that they can handle heavy loads without wear or damage.
- Choosing adjustable glides with a soft-close dampening system adds a touch of luxury and convenience to your kitchen. And makes using your drawers a joy.
- Investing in high-quality, under-mount, steel, soft-close glides. Ensures that your drawers will function properly for years to come and adds value to your home.
- When it comes to drawer glide systems. It’s important to be cautious of cheaper materials like epoxy-coated metal with plastic rollers. Which are subject to wear and tear.
- Center-mount and side-mount glides can also be problematic. As they rarely provide full access to the drawer and can reduce storage space.
- Side-mount glides are never soft close, which can be frustrating and noisy.
- At the bottom of the quality scale are single center-mounted wooden or metal glides. That slides through a plastic brace on the cabinet. Which are prone to wear and damage over time.
- By choosing high-quality, under-mount, steel, soft-close glides, you’re investing in your home and your family’s comfort and convenience.
- Overall, when it comes to drawer glides. Choosing under-mount, steel, and soft-close glides rated to support heavy loads is the best choice for durability, functionality, and long-term value.
Custom kitchen cabinets need high-quality hinges, glides, doors, and colors that help in going the long run. For the best kitchen cabinets in Boynton Beach, you can easily contact elementskbf.com. For exciting series of modern and stylish aesthetics, you must visit the website today.