Are you struggling with organizing hard to reach kitchen cabinets? If Yes, you are not alone in this juggling. Most people find it challenging to access the items in their Kitchen cabinets easily, and the time-consuming organizing process is also tricky on a daily basis. One of the common challenges in managing hard-to-reach cabinets is their limited visibility. If you want to pick one item from the back, it is hard to see what’s there. It ultimately makes it challenging to find the right one in the crowd. Moreover, it also increases the challenge of breaking and dropping fragile items.
Fortunately, there are some solutions to make an easy-to-reach and organized cabinet. For instance, an alternate solution is to redesign cabinets as pull-out shelves to make it easy to access for every item in one go. Using the lazy susans solution is also good to have a rotating cabinet for easy access to every item without creating a mess. Let’s explore some hard to reach cabinet solutions for everyday challenges in the kitchen organizing process.
After addressing some of these common challenges, I’ll mention practical solutions for appropriately organizing and managing hard-to-reach kitchen cabinets.
- Challenge: Sometimes, small space becomes the reason for cabinet chaos, making it cluttered and disorganized.
- Solution: To keep the kitchen cabinet organized, it is essential to declutter it regularly. From time to time, discard the items that are not in use. Further, use baskets and drawer organizers to arrange the items in a sequence for daily use. It will help to keep everything in order and make it easy to find and out of their exact place.
- Challenge: Messy cabinets with dark corners can cause poor visibility and time consumption to find anything on time.
- Solution: The latest trend of using LED lights is an easy solution to improve the visibility inside the cabinets. Moreover, it gives better brightness to have a clear view.
- Challenge: Cabinets with small sizes or high racks can be challenging with limited accessibility.
- Solution: Using pull-out shelves, sliding tray systems, or lazy susans is the latest solution to make access easy. Plus, place daily-use items at eye level to access them quickly and conveniently.
Awkward Cabinet Design:
- Challenge: Irregular design and deep cabinets with disorganized space are the reasons for the difficulty.
- Solution: Try to use the modern and smart design of cabinets with adjustable shelving and modular organizers as the better solution for space management. It allows the use of customization by adding extra shelves and organizers to make compartments that suit the cabinet design.
Mismatched Container Sizes:
- Challenge: Mismatched sizes of containers can also cause chaos in the cabinet with space issues to make it difficult for anyone.
- Solution: Invest in themed containers to make optimal storage space for every piece. It helps to maximize the vertical space in sequence and keep everything stacked.
Inefficient Use of Space:
- Challenge: Standard cabinets are not well designed to manage the storage smartly with practical organizing manners.
- Solution: The use of hooks and pegs is the alternative solution to organize the space with optimal design. Further, smart storage solutions like pull-out racks are considerable. It provides additional storage to maximize the space and keep everything organized.
- Challenge: Dust and dirty areas the ones that are hard to reach easily and it also makes a fuss to declutter them timely.
- Solution: Choose dedicated material for shelves and cabinets that are easy to clean and rust-free. Use liners and a soft sponge to protect the surface and make it more manageable for cleaning purposes.
- Challenge: Attempting to accommodate many items in a limited space can result in disorder and disorganization.
- Solution: To make organizing your cabinet easier, prioritize the essential items and avoid overloading them. If you have things you don’t use often, consider moving them to another storage area.
Forgetting About Back of the Cabinet:
- Challenge: Pile stock in the cabinets can be the reason to forget and ignore things in the back, and it can cause chaos.
- Solution: Rotating trays are the smart and optimal solution to have accessibility and visibility to any item in the cabinet. It also keeps the items organized and well-checked on regular use. But make sure to stick to this solution to keep a smooth and practical flow of processes.
- Challenge: Cabinets can easily break down over time without regular maintenance.
- Solution: It is suggested that the cabinets be decluttered and organized regularly to prevent any mess. It will help to keep the cabinet organized and well-maintained.
Along with these mentioned solutions for every challenge, consider the fact about cabinet organizers too. They are mainly designed to explicit the hard to reach areas effortlessly. It helps to organize the cabinet with more open space and keep everything neat and clean in the kitchen. There’s also another good option that most people prefer, which is easy-to-reach cabinets. So, following these solutions is good to go along with what is an easy-reach cabinet. These cabinets are designed to be easily accessed without making a mess or breaking things. However, it is a practical solution for those mobility issues with limited flexibility.
While organizing hard-to-reach kitchen cabinets can be challenging, many solutions are available to make the task easier. Whether you opt for pull-out shelves, lazy susans, cabinet organizers, or easy-reach cabinets, finding a solution that works for you can help you make the most of your space and keep everything organized.
Read More: Plan Your Kitchen Cabinet Design Layout